Monday 11 August 2014

In Not Being Overwhelmed

Sometimes there are so many pressing issues to deal with - keeping up with assignments, readings and lectures; maintaining a handle on all the details for church camp; being diligent and persistent in personal devotions and Godliness. Sometimes it all gets a bit overwhelming. I'm taking a week's holiday next week (which I'm very much looking forward to!) but that means I have to be extra organised and on top of everything this week. Then I remember that all I actually have to do is remember God's sovereignty and ask Him for His peace that transcends understanding.

In Mustard last week I had two Mustard live events (one for year 9/10 and on for 11/12), training on Tuesday evening and the usual Mustard group on Friday.

The training was an encouraging time of seeing how we fit with the bigger picture of Mustard across Melbourne and the bigger picture of supporting Christian students on campus to live out their faith.

On Friday there were only two girls, and it can be a bit disheartening to see such a small turn-out but it's an opportunity for deeper and more specific discussion (our topic was peace, incidentally!) and to be a faithful servant more keen on serving God wherever and however than on measuring success by 'worldly' measures. I don't know how that discussion on peace has impacted these girls, and I don't need to, because my role is to be faithful in teaching the gospel.

1 comment:

  1. Your sharing is such a great reminder for me! Often we want to see instant results and are disheartened when we don't see any immediate "fruits" from our labour. I think it's in these times that God is nudging us to depend on Him because in all circumstances (whether overwhelming busyness or underwhelming turnout of people) He is in control and working all things for the good of those who love him.

    Yes, lets keep being faithful servants and leave the rest to our good Master.

    ReplyDelete