Saturday 13 December 2014

Resting


Take a Break from the Chaos - Desiring God blog
"For those of us who are in Christ, we want to come back better, not only rested, but more ready to love and sacrifice. We want to find new clarity, resolve, and initiative, or return primed to re-double our efforts, by faith, in our callings in the home, among friends, at work, and in the body of Christ.
One benefit of silence is simply searching the depths of our own souls, asking what our blind spots have become in the rush of everyday life. In the busyness, is there anything important I’m neglecting or repressing? How am I doing in my various roles? What needs refocusing?"
Rest is hard, yet crucial. I don't like stopping, slowing or admitting I can't do something by myself. But God made me, I am dependent on Him and He has built within in me (and all of us) the need to stop, rest, rejuvenate. To rest is to stop thinking about that to-do list, to slow or silence the internal monologue, to quiet the anxious heart and to meditate on and praise God, to read His Word, talk with Him and listen to what He has to say. Rest is not escapism from the worries and needs of the day but it is to refocus on the one who made me and sustains me.

No comments:

Post a Comment