Monday 22 September 2014

End of Term

Friday the 12th saw us hold our last Mustard session of the term. We ended with 'Gentleness', leaving 'Self-control' for another time. At the start of the term I planned how many hours I would be leading and engaging with this ministry (as I have to have 100 hours to meet the criteria for my subject) and it easily added up, so I thought great! My plans are working. However, as the term has gone by various 'planned' hours have slipped off the list, such as bi-weekly mentoring the student leader and regular catch-ups with the chaplain. This means that my hours are down according to my plan.

But recently I have been having many opportunities to hold lightly my plans, and to not get (as) stressed when it looks like things aren't going to work out (such as trying to find another KidzBiz leader with Term 4 just around the corner).

I don't know the implications for this component of the subject, but I have learnt that because ministry is about people, and people are dynamic, things will change! And it is better to be flexible and persevere than to get worked up just because your schedule is not being filled how you want it to be. God is at work in people's lives and I get to see that!

No comments:

Post a Comment