Tuesday 9 September 2014

Faithfulness

What a joy Friday was! 7 girls, including 2 new girls! We enjoyed a robust discussion, at times it was tricky to steer the conversation back to the topic of faithfulness - what it means, how God is faithful, how we can be faithful. But as I grow spiritually I am loosening my hold on things to go my way. I realise the importance of Mustard being a fun, caring space where we can share what's going on in our hearts and sometimes the topic at hand triggers something in someone. We shared stories of faithful Christians we had heard of - people in jail who would rather preach the gospel for an hour and receive an hour's beating in return, in place of staying silent.

Being faithful requires strength! And patience, and hope. And we have hope not in the impossible and unattainable but in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. For Him, anything is worth remaining faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Loosening the reigns and letting discussion flow is something I’ve been thinking through over the last few years of growth group leading. I know all too well how hard it is! I want so much for our group to get through the passage and understand the main point by the end of the night but I don’t want to stifle discussion along the way because I’m so desperate to get to the end. It’s such a hard tension to hold. But you’re so right, the more we ourselves grow, the easier it gets to loosen our grip on things going how we expected and focus on loving the people in front of us where they’re at.

    ReplyDelete