Friday 21 November 2014

Thinking About Next Year

While this blog was started as part of an assessment I decided I would continue it, and hopefully continue to engage others with the nuts and bolts of my ministry apprenticeship. I'd love to keep hearing from others as share their insights, thoughts, suggestions and encouragements. The scope will now be broadened from Mustard to all aspects of my apprenticeship. This blog has helped me create a discipline of reflection.

Today the chaplain, G (the new student leader) and I sat down to think about and discuss what next year could look like. We all feel that the group should have a strong social and nurturing aspect to the Christians on campus. What that looks like? Not sure yet, but I do know that I will need to change my approach somewhat to foster this vision and to work with the new space (where girls are walking past all the time). It's scary to change and in some senses I feel like the Bible might get sidelined. I'm going to have to do more prep in order for discussion and opinions to flow naturally, while seeking to speak God's word and explain it too. First term (at this stage) will mostly be building relationships and getting to know each other as we eat lunch together.


No comments:

Post a Comment