Wednesday 5 November 2014

Cool or Uncool?

A week ago I was part of a Mustard Live event at a local grammar school. We spent about 4 hours with the year 7 girls engaging with the topic of 'cool' and 'uncool'. My group (the girls chose their own groups) incidentally was the cool, popular group - a bit rowdy, think they're above it all. But nevertheless, we had some really interesting and honest conversations about identity and creation, and I could see that some of the girls were challenged or encouraged.

During the day I was also part of a discussion panel (first time ever!) and felt the joy of sharing my faith with these girls in a different manner. One girl asked if I ever doubted God existed. I responded that yes, I had but I always went back to the Bible and saw how God had created the world and revealed himself to people through Jesus. As I shared my experiences with them I was reminded of the beauty and joy of the gospel.

It was wonderful to be a little part of the journey for these girls and I was reminded of the value of honesty and openness. May God keep stirring these girls and bringing them to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment