Tuesday 7 October 2014

Pray hardest...

A quote I saw today, "Pray hardest when it's hardest to pray."

I don't automatically pray. I prepare schedules and to-do lists (I may have already mentioned this). I read or sleep or garden. I don't go to the written Word of God when I'm tired and drained. It's curious how we can be refreshed from a conference or holiday or seeing someone make a huge leap in Godliness, but shortly after be worn down and restless again. Oh to be in constant rest with God!

God, give me the strength, focus and patience so that I can work well. Not to please my church or pastor, or to look like I have everything in control but so that I can be a good and faithful steward to the tasks that you have given me. It's all seeming a bit much at the moment, I feel like I'm in charge of too many things. I need you to fill me with you peace and remind me that it is your work and you are in charge. Please help me to serve and love you with all my mind, energy, skills and heart.

1 comment:

  1. From Ellyn (fellow MTS-er):

    I love that you were honest with your girls with how you were feeling. It shows that you are only human and feel up and down as they do. Being genuine and letting others see you in vulnerable states speaks volumes. I love that even though we may be feeling flat/down/wiped out and drained, God, through our weakness, demonstrates His strength. Sounds like new doors have been opened up for you during a time when things felt a little overwhelming. Praise God! Hopefully this new opportunity opens up potential for inviting new members into your group.

    ReplyDelete